Boosting ecommerce conversion rates is a crucial aspect of online business success. By converting more visitors into customers, businesses can increase their profits and grow their brand. The key to boosting ecommerce conversion rates lies in improving the user experience.
This can be achieved by simplifying the checkout process, making the website easy to navigate, and providing clear and concise product information. Another effective strategy is to personalize the shopping experience by using customer data to offer targeted promotions and recommendations.
Another crucial aspect is to create trust and build credibility with customers, by providing secure payment options, clear privacy policies, and accessible customer support. Investing in website optimization and mobile responsiveness can also help improve the overall user experience and increase conversion rates.
Across all industries, the average landing page conversion rate was 2.35%, but the top 25% convert at 5.31% or more. The ideal would be to rank in the top 10%, that is, landing pages with a conversion rate of 11.45% or more.
There is nothing more frustrating for an online merchant just starting out than a website that generates traffic without generating a purchase. So how do you increase the conversion rate of an e-commerce site?
With the right Ecommerce Conversion Rate Strategies in place, businesses can achieve significant growth and success in the competitive world of ecommerce.
Table of Contents
- what is the conversion rate?
- 9 Ecommerce Conversion Optimization Techniques
- 1. Use the elements of reinsurance to induce the purchase
- 2. Focus on content marketing to increase Ecommerce Conversion Rate
- 3. Reduce the loading speed of the online store site
- 4. Improving Ecommerce Conversion Rates with UX Design
- 5. Promote customer reviews and product ratings for your online reputation
- 6. Reduce cart abandonment
- 7. Optimize online payment and payment solutions
- 8. Pay attention to costs and delivery times.
- 9. BONUS: don’t forget the promo codes!
- Conclusion: How to Boost Ecommerce Conversion Rates?
what is the conversion rate?
The conversion rate is simply the percentage of visitors who will take action after visiting a website.
For example, a ratio of one transaction to ten sessions would be expressed as an ecommerce conversion rate of 10% .
Your goal: to transform an Internet user who surfs on your online store into a buyer. Thus, the conversion rate on an e-commerce site is measured by the percentage of customers who have made a purchase, compared to the total number of visitors.
We calculate the conversion rate like this: number of purchases / by the number of clicks = the% of the conversion rate.
Why should you increase your Ecommerce Conversion Rate?
If SEO mistakes in online stores are to be avoided, the conversion rate is not directly linked to the number of visits to a website. Many newbies to e-commerce believe that the more traffic and visitors they have, the more income they will generate. But the increase in visits is not necessarily proportional to the number of sales made.
Before working on increasing traffic to an online store, it is essential to think about all the factors that will increase the conversion rate. It can be about the ergonomics of the site, elements of reassurance or the technology of online payment.
Your objective is therefore the following: to be able to capture a clientele, to keep it on your site and to make a sale. For this, you must be able to identify the brakes and levers that influence the transformation and conversion of visitors to your e-commerce site.
In short, the more secure your site will appear and give a good impression to visitors, the more likely you are to sell.
Ecommerce conversion rate optimization is a crucial aspect of running a successful online business. It involves making changes to your website and sales process to increase the number of visitors who take action and make a purchase. Improving your ecommerce conversion rate can be achieved through various techniques, such as optimizing your website’s user experience, implementing best practices, and using conversion optimization tools.
One of the most effective ways to boost your ecommerce conversion rate is to focus on improving your website’s user experience. This includes things like reducing the number of steps in the checkout process, providing clear product descriptions and high-quality images, and making your site easy to navigate. Another important factor is to implement best practices for ecommerce conversion optimization, such as offering free shipping and returns, providing a clear value proposition, and utilizing social proof.
9 Ecommerce Conversion Optimization Techniques
Ecommerce businesses constantly strive to increase their conversion rates and make the most of their online presence. With the right ecommerce conversion rate optimization techniques, businesses can improve their user experience, boost sales and drive more traffic to their website.
In this article, we will explore 9 key ecommerce conversion optimization techniques including improving user experience, maximizing conversion rates, using conversion rate calculators, implementing best practices and utilizing conversion optimization tools. By utilizing these techniques, businesses can effectively increase their conversion rates and stay ahead of the competition in the fast-paced world of ecommerce. How to Boost Ecommerce Conversion Rates?
1. Use the elements of reinsurance to induce the purchase
When starting out in e-commerce business, one of the main objectives when designing your site is to try to reassure future buyers & Improving Ecommerce User Experience. Even when we do not yet have notoriety, the elements of reassurance on an e-commerce site can strengthen the confidence of visitors with the objective of triggering a sale.
- Update your contact info; All your contact information should be clearly visible and up to date Visitors to your e-commerce store should be able to easily find the customer service phone number and email address, the headquarters mailing address, and a contact form. Being able to reach customer service to obtain product information or track an order is a must in an online store.Otherwise, you must offer at least an efficient and responsive chat service.
- Create an optimized About page; It is essential to carefully write your “About” page You must present the history and activities of your company. This page must be completed with the General Conditions of Sale and legal notices. You can hire a storyteller to help you write this about page. This will certainly allow you to capture the attention of visitors and attract their sympathy or at least their interest.
- Update your site and its content regularly; Your e-commerce site must be alive , it must evolve over time and offer a lot of content and news. A site that moves is a site that reassures potential customers, don’t forget that. You can highlight certain products on your home page according to the seasons, launch promotional campaigns, communicate on a new collection, etc.
- Write a frequently asked questions or FAQ; The FAQ page makes it easy for visitors to your e-commerce site to find answers to frequently asked questions, without having to contact customer service. This FAQ section is of course evolving and will be updated over time, depending on questions and requests made to customer service.
- The advantage of the FAQ is that it relieves your customer service of the most common calls and that it allows the Internet user to immediately find the answer to his question, without having to leave the website, which would risk ending to the online ordering process.
- Clearly display reinsurance infographics; Don’t forget to think about the use of infographics to reassure your customers. You can display them for:
- Guaranteed delivery
- Return of goods
- Customer service
- Secure payment
- Product quality
- Be active on social networks; An active social media presence also helps reassure customers that your online store is serious. In addition, they allow the creation of new communication channels useful to the after-sales service. So think about creating your Facebook Company page and your Twitter account. Depending on your industry, having an active Instagram presence can help capture the interest of potential buyers.
2. Focus on content marketing to increase Ecommerce Conversion Rate
Using content marketing in e-commerce content marketing is part of an inbound strategy. Its goal is to attract and convert new prospects through the creation and promotion of online content.
The most classic formats for e-commerce sites are blog articles or reviews.
But today there are many other media or formats suitable for content marketing:
- Practical Guide
- How to and tutorial
- Competition game
3. Reduce the loading speed of the online store site
Did you know: the loading speed of a website has a direct influence on the conversion rate and its organic link Budilding. According to a Google study published in 2018, 53% of users leave a web page if it has not loaded in less than 3 seconds. And in over 75% of cases, people who left your e-commerce site for this reason will never come back to you. As you can see, the load time of an online store and the conversion rate are therefore closely linked that shall be Maximizing Ecommerce Conversion Rates.
4. Improving Ecommerce Conversion Rates with UX Design
The design of your online store is an essential element to take into account to improve online store conversion rate. Indeed, it has an influence on the purchasing decision in almost 90% of cases.
Beyond the general ergonomics of your online store, consider presenting attractive and quality product visuals. In fact, the potential customer makes up his mind in just a few seconds and he will always be more tempted to buy if he discovers beautiful product photos. Thus, offering several visuals taken from different angles can increase your sales by more than 50%. So avoid blurry photos!
Here are some other ways to Ecommerce Conversion Rate Improvement, user-friendly website design of your online store:
- Set up clearly identifiable call to action that encourage you to click;
- Display a breadcrumb trail and / or a progress gauge so that the customer can follow the different stages of purchase;
- Propose clear validation steps and a clear payment procedure;
- Display a ‘back’ button to help the customer to modify his order more easily.
5. Promote customer reviews and product ratings for your online reputation
Setting up a rating for the products sold on your site and the possibility of leaving a comment after purchase are part of the best practices to be implemented on an e-commerce site. Indeed, nearly 9 out of 10 customers consult opinions and ratings before making a purchase ( IFOP study ).
You can also highlight some customer comments or offer your best customers to talk about their experience with your products or services on video.
Don’t forget the certified reviews
To further reassure visitors to your e-commerce store, you can also install a certified reviews module. Several web solutions such as Trustpilot or Verified Reviews allow this option to be implemented.
6. Reduce cart abandonment
Cart abandonment directly impacts the conversion rate of an e-commerce site.
Different factors can explain that a customer abandons his purchase process at the time of the validation step of the cart:
- Excessively high additional costs (especially delivery) in 53% of cases
- The obligation to create an account in 31% of cases
- A purchase process that is too long in 23% of cases
- A site that does not inspire confidence when paying in 17% of cases
- The delivery time too long in 16% of cases
- A bug or a technical problem in 15% of cases
Your mission as an e-merchant is to reduce cart abandonment. read more about reducing cart abandonment of your online business website!
A word of advice, when launching your online store, carry out test orders to check that everything is working correctly. In case of errors or technical problems, remedy the problem quickly.
7. Optimize online payment and payment solutions
To reduce cart abandonment and increase the conversion rate of your online business, it is therefore essential to optimize the payment stage. Start by clearly displaying the different stages of online payment. Then, remember to visibly display the logos of the means of payment and the “secure payment” pictogram to reassure your customers even more.
Don’t forget to offer several online business payment solutions. On the internet, there is not only payment by credit card. Today, more and more Internet users are using PayPal and will not buy from your site if the option is not offered.
8. Pay attention to costs and delivery times.
Finally, delivery is the last link in the purchasing chain. This step is decisive and directly influences the conversion rate of an online store. Indeed, if the delivery costs seem too high, the buyer will abandon his basket and will look to the competition. Likewise, if you are unable to deliver your customer within a reasonable time (less than a week), they will be tempted to shop elsewhere.
Think of practical delivery solutions like Mondial Relay or home delivery.
9. BONUS: don’t forget the promo codes!
To promote visits and conversion of your customers, here is a bonus a last Ecommerce Conversion Rate Strategy to implement: the promotional code. It is a formidable weapon to convert! Of course, you are going to have to cut back on your margin a little, but in return you are going to garner higher sales volumes.
And by giving this promotional code a limited time, you will create a sense of urgency and exclusivity among your future customers. And we know that limited offers tend to encourage people to buy. So it’s up to you to find the right compromise between reduction, profitability and sales volume.
You now know what the conversion rate is and especially how to increase it. By applying our various tips and methods to your online store, you will reassure visitors and help them make the purchase.
For best results, consider implementing all of the techniques that we have presented in this article. You will see, your online store’s conversion rate should increase rapidly.
Conclusion: How to Boost Ecommerce Conversion Rates?
In conclusion, boosting your ecommerce conversion rate is an ongoing process that requires a combination of best practices, user experience optimization, and the use of conversion optimization tools. By implementing these strategies, you can increase the number of visitors who take action and make a purchase on your site, ultimately driving revenue and growth for your business.
By utilizing various ecommerce conversion optimization techniques, businesses can effectively increase their conversion rates and drive more traffic to their website. The use of ecommerce conversion rate optimization tips, improving UX design, maximizing sales with conversion optimization and utilizing conversion optimization tools and techniques, are just some of the ways to improve your ecommerce conversion rates.
Additionally, it is important to regularly assess your ecommerce conversion optimization checklist and stay up-to-date with the latest ecommerce conversion rate optimization strategies. By doing so, businesses can stay ahead of the competition and achieve success in the fast-paced world of ecommerce. Case studies can also be a useful resource in understanding how other businesses have effectively boosted their conversion rates. By utilizing the above-mentioned techniques and staying dedicated to continuous improvement, businesses can effectively increase their ecommerce conversion rates and achieve success in the competitive world of ecommerce.